Muse bio has an outstanding opportunity available for a motivated and highly accomplished scientist to lead our Bioinformatics and Computational Biology department. This impactful role is responsible for creating, managing, and coordinating the computational strategy in support of Muse’s entire research effort and product development pipeline.
This position will build and lead a team of bioinformatics scientists, mathematicians, and computer scientists for the development of methods and tools for complete genome sequence analysis and high-throughput experimental design and data mining. The ideal candidate will possess a broad understanding of machine learning algorithms, high-end computing, genomics, genetics, bioinformatics, have superior leadership and cross-functional communication skills, and able to successfully manage complex projects and influence multi-disciplinary teams.
- Lead integration with the research and development groups to drive quantitative Design of Experiments (DoE) and statistical analysis
- Develop machine learning strategy in genomics including building a team of machine learning experts
- Design and develop algorithms with emphasis on genomics
- Adapt and develop analysis approaches and software tools
- Prototype data delivery and analysis tools for new software applications
- Performs other work related duties as assigned