Adaptive Biotechnologies is building a pioneering Therapeutics Division in the space of immune sequencing. The Therapeutics team will initially be a small group focused on scanning the academic and biotech environment for licensing and acquisition opportunities, with potential to expand into internal discovery efforts.
To reach our next stage of innovation and advancement, we require a Head of Business Development/Transactions to lead the Therapeutics team on the deal side to bring in programs. The candidate will lead deal teams to ensure they organize and present strong, cogent business cases for deals to be recommended to senior management. This role is an extraordinary opportunity for a highly motivated, strategic, and disciplined leader to get in at the ground floor, building upon the success of Adaptive’s immunosequencing technology.
The Head of Business Development/Transactions for Adaptive Therapeutics will lead deal teams to search for, assess, present business case deals, and negotiate them to completion. This position will focus on discovery/early stage deals, complex transactions, as well as negotiating and executing agreements involving a variety of deal structures which may include traditional licenses, co-development/commercialization agreements and acquisitions.
- With the scientific team, search academic and biotech environment for therapeutic programs that leverage the company's transformational platform
- Deliver on all transactions on a timely basis
- Provide leadership and mentoring to more junior members of team
- Develop strong partnerships with the scientific team around the process and substance of deals
- Routinely interface with and seek to influence executive-level management, both in executional aspects (presenting deals for consideration and approval), and also in relational aspects
- This role will have a strong influence on outside partners and potential partners
- Solving of complex problems during negotiations, and applying judgment in reviewing and recommending complex transactions