Luitpold Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a Daiichi Sankyo Group Company, is dedicated to the development and marketing of innovative, quality drugs and medical devices for healthcare professionals, clinics, and hospitals across the United States and Canada. We specialize in sterile injectables, bone regeneration materials for dental procedures, as well as innovative products for acute pain control and veterinary medicine use.
The Head of Business Development is a high profile position within the organization responsible for identifying, assessing and delivering products in to the American Regent Multisource portfolio with significant revenue and profit contribution. The Head of Business Development is also responsible for the management of business alliances, contract negotiations and execution, and monitoring performance of Luitpold and its partners against contractual obligations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop a healthy pipe line of solid commercial opportunities to meet and exceed revenue goals
• Develop business analytics and strong business cases to support strategic decision making on new business opportunities
• Recommend business terms, guide contract drafting and review contracts in collaboration with legal, R&D, finance, and other essential personnel. Obtain appropriate business function input and required internal approvals to execute transactions.
• Support corporate standardization of Business Development practices for evaluating new opportunities, managing contract execution, and evaluating performance according to contractual obligations
• Track, analyze and report on performance/progress across active business contracts
• Work together with Legal to build and maintain a centralized Contracts Database.
• Collaborate with Legal to develop standardized business terms across agreements (where feasible).
• Alliance Management of strategic partnerships for Contract Manufacturing, co-development, and distribution relationships
• Oversight of Business Development projects and priorities by tracking deadlines, milestones, obligations, and servicing contract updates as necessary.
• Management of the Business Development team
• Collaborate with Portfolio Management, Market Intelligence, and Business Analysts to assess products, projects and business opportunities.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in the Generic Pharmaceutical industry
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in Business Development including a proven record of sourcing and executing successful licensing deals, co-development deals, acquisitions and divestitures
• Masters in Business Administration degree preferred
• Proven revenue-generating skills, strategic planning, and executing a multi-year business development strategy
• Strong business and financial acumen
• Proactive leadership skills with the ability to manage high priority projects efficiently and effectively across cross-functional teams
• Proven track record of timely decision making, and results orientation in meeting corporate objectives
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.