The mission of the New York Stem Cell Foundation Research Institute (NYSCF) is to accelerate treatments and cures for major diseases through stem cell research. NYSCF is an acknowledged world leader in stem cell research and technology innovation.
The NYSCF Research Institute, its intramural laboratory and research accelerator, has grown quickly to include 45 researchers and engineers. The Head of Business Development's role is to expand NYSCF's impact through commercialization of the Institute's research to accelerate treatments and cures for disease. The Head of Business Development will work closely with NYSCF's Leadership team and patent attorneys.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identify, evaluate, and pursue NYSCF's commercial translational alliances with strategic partners including from Pharma and biotech.
- Develop, structure, and negotiate appropriate business arrangements with strategic partners, including cross-marketing and sponsorship partnerships, licensing agreements, joint ventures, and other relevant arrangements.
- Oversee and manage related technology transfer, patents, contracts and intellectual property
- Execute goals, communicate progress and track results with input from NYSCF's leadership.
- Prepare and present talks for professional meetings, seminars and conferences, as needed to achieve above business development objectives.
- Requires travel
- PhD /JD /MBA with extensive knowledge of translating scientific discovery into issued IP.
- A minimum of five years business development/strategy/deal experience in a consulting/finance/biotech/pharmaceutical environment.
- Experience and knowledge required in stem cell, drug screening and regenerative medicine fields
- Relevant contacts in the pharmaceutical/biotech/tech fields desired
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and execute operating agreements with commercial partners and manage multiple partner relationships
- Strong business acumen and scientific understanding, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to thrive and produce results in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.