What are you passionate about? Do you want to change the way things are? At Sequenom we have already completely changed how medicine is practiced today. A combination of molecular biology and bioinformatics development led to a test that lets mothers know about the health of their baby. Our next goal is cancer. We are developing a test that can help identify the best therapy for a cancer patient from a simple blood draw. If you are passionate about applying your informatics knowledge to a development that truly affects people’s lives, join our research and development team and help to create the new normal. Our corporate headquarters is located in the heart of San Diego’s life sciences community, less than a mile from the beach.
The Bioinformatics Group Leader will be responsible for managing and leading a group that develops algorithms and performs data mining for molecular biology experiments. This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge next-generation sequencing technology, and join a company that is on the forefront of revolutionizing medical technology.
- Leads group efforts relevant to statistical and bioinformatic analyses of experimental data produced by next generation sequencing
- Leads development and implementation of new approaches for processing and analyzing next generation sequencing data
- Closely collaborates with the clinical laboratory to develop solution for clinically relevant questions
- Inspires a team of talented bioinformaticians to try new approaches to find innovative solutions
- Provides analysis information to management to aid in decision making on the development of new laboratory developed tests
- Manages staff including recruiting, hiring, motivating, performance management, training and development