The Grant Writer supports NYGC faculty and scientists in preparing grant applications and other scientific communication materials on a wide range of genomic research topics. This role is deeply immersed in the science of NYGC and supports the institution in building and expanding a successful, independently-funded research base. S/he collaborates with diverse teams of investigators, senior leadership and administrative staff, and relates scientific and strategic goals to individual grant opportunities and other research communications vehicles. Typical grants include individual investigator, multi-PI and research center grants.
- Takes a lead role in preparation and project management of institutional or multi-investigator proposals in support of NYGC faculty and scientific staff.
- Provides advice on grantsmanship, editorial support and standardized language for administrative sections;
- Manages the scientific writing process, including proposal management, team-building and coordination; establishing timelines and deliverables;
- Provides draft preparation, review and revision of grants and scientific writing.
- Coordinates with and supports Sponsored Research staff to ensure timely, accurate application submission.
- Edits manuscripts, fellowship applications, clinical research protocols and other research communications materials written by faculty and postdoctoral fellows.