Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, the Center's five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. The Hutchinson Center, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children's, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Join us and make a difference!
The primary goals for the Fiscal Coordinator are to learn the fundamental concepts and principles of the Award Close-out process, to gain a broad understanding of OSR grant and contract business practices as it pertains to the close-out process and to provide support for the Fiscal Specialists and Post Award Services management.
- Set up Close-out files
- Prepare Journal Entries and Labor Redistributions
- Enter data in Excel workbooks for Award Close-outs
- Complete entry level Close-outs of Awards
- File completed closeouts in the Grant library
- Assist in special projects as requested by Post Award Services management
- Coordinate PO Rollforward process and review disposition comments
- Post and review budget adjustments
- Research various items and locate files for the Fiscal Specialists
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Buisness or combination of relevant work experience and AA degree acceptable
- Proficient in Excel, 10-key by touch, ability to multi-task.
- High level of interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Ability to use reasoning and analytical skills to make judgments with some support/mentoring.
- 1 year experience with federal grants and contracts preferred but not required.
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2217393-2647-3921