Pharma-Cruiting Life Sciences Executive Search is seeking a Global Senior Scientist, Flow Cytometry, Assay Development for a Global Central Lab dedicated exclusively to central laboratory testing and the associated services for pharmaceutical & biotechnology clinical trials. This role will be responsible for managing the global flow cytometry team - 4-5 direct reports
Oncology & Hematology experience required
This role will act as the key scientific contact for pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients for selected technological platforms for specialty testing and present in our client's network of collaborator (division/subcontracting) laboratories. The Principal Scientist will be intensively involved in the development of new assays on these platforms and the quality of the clinical sample test results from these assays. In these areas, the Principal Scientist will be the internal point of contact for scientific matters and education, as well as be a proactive scientific adviser to our client's commercial development.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage the global flow cytometry team - 4-5 direct reports
- Be the main scientific consultant with clients for the identified key technology platform(-s)
- Interact with clients over email, TC and in person
- Support the sales team as expert consultant for clients during client visits and/or via TCs
- Translate the client’s needs into a comprehensive set of lab testings, tailored to laboratories’ capacities
- Provide – where needed – end-to-end follow up to the client during assay development and validation, e.g. by having regular TC’s to discuss progress.
- Provide – where needed – follow-up to the client while the assay is in production / the clinical study is running.
- Be the pivotal point of contact between the client, internally and subcontractor laboratories for the identified technology platform:
- In close collaboration with the laboratory, be a driving force in the design, experimental set-up and validation of these testings.
- Provide internal support (eg. to Contracts and Proposals, Project Management, Data Management) for the implementation of these testings
- Depending on the need, review and/or co-author validation plans, validation reports and working instructions
- Follow up on pending results, on retests/re-analyses and corrective actions
- Depending on the need, review test results prior to release.
- Be a driving force in the installation and maintenance of global procedures in different division/subcontracting laboratories
- Be the internal expert on the identified technology platform:
- Maintain personal scientific and technical expertise in the selected areas through practice and education.
- Identify – where necessary – clinical expert scientists within our client's network that can help translating test results into clinical interpretations
- Maintain personal knowledge on the therapeutic areas for which the technology platform is key.
- Identify new methodologies and innovative technologies of relevance.
- Be an active member of the Scientific Affairs team. Provide scientific training to internal staff, and provide scientific material that will be used by the Sales team. Pro-actively foresee back-up resources within the team for your specific tasks.
- Be a driver for growth:
- Internally, identify possible areas of improvement, at all levels, in how we work with partner laboratories, also according to partners’ needs and ensuring best alignment.
- Externally, collaborate with the rest of the Scientific Affairs team and other teams to identify and produce scientific and technical material that will be used to build capabilities awareness by our potential sponsors.
Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- PhD degree in Life Sciences or equal by experience
- Management experience in a similar role
- Several years of experience in the clinical laboratory setting and/or in the selected technology platform that is of key interest
- Ideal experience includes Oncology & Hematology and CAR-T
- Profound understanding of Quality Control / Quality Assurance
- Able translating complex scientific concepts and techniques into understandable language for internal and external customers
- Proactive team player
- Able to take decisions alone where needed
- Flexible in dealing with problems
- Detail oriented