GenomOncology has challenging opportunities for individuals with experience in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) to work onsite with our clients and assist in the successful implementation and support of our GO Clinical Workbench platform. The role would also involve assisting GenomOncology’s product development team in creating new capabilities for our clients. Headquartered in Cleveland, OH, we are an energetic and rapidly growing provider of software and services for genomics based precision medicine. Our innovative product is enabling clinicians to provide targeted therapies for cancer patients based upon their individual genomic analysis.
The Bioinformatics Product Specialist role provides a unique opportunity for a qualified genomics expert, with an interest in working with customers, to deliver best-in-class data analysis and product support for a NGS-based clinical platform. In this role, you will work as a bridge between our customers and internal product development teams to resolve issues related to usage of our software products and interpretation of results. You may also work in a consultative manner with our clients in the development of unique strategies for next generation sequence analysis to assist in the interpretation of their data. Given this role involves direct customer interaction, your attention to communication skills will be equally important as your genomics knowledge. If you are looking to break out of academia and build experience in the biotechnology industry, this is a great opportunity to expand your current skill set and discover how NGS data is being leveraged in the clinical setting. If you are already working in a commercial setting, we provide a ground floor opportunity to leverage your previous experience and play a key role in our rapid growth.
Ideally, the candidate would ultimately reside in / relocate to Cleveland, OH or Nashville, TN. However we are open to other US based location scenarios given the expectation of 50% travel for this role.
- Work directly with customers to solve their bioinformatics challenges as they relate to their utilization of the GO Clinical Workbench, with an emphasis on gene panel sequencing.
- Gather feedback from customers to help the product management team prioritize requirements for future software development planning.
- Provide first line support for escalations from the field teams by acting as a bridge for internal development teams.
- Create training materials, protocols, and applications notes.
- Analyze sequencing data, design analysis strategies, tools and algorithms, and develop operating pipelines for customers.
- Participate in software testing of pre-release software.