The advent of high-throughput sequencing has opened the door to a new realm of possibilities in the interrogation of genomes, transcriptomes, populations and communities. To fully leverage these technologies Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated genomics scientist to lead a team in the development, testing and optimization of high-throughput sequencing approaches to answer complex biological questions. The Genomics Scientist Lead will consult with users of high-throughput sequencing data to ensure appropriate experimental design and method development, where needed. In addition to method development, the team led by this individual will be responsible for the testing and optimization of newly published or released protocols for high-throughput sequencing applications. The Genomics Scientist Lead must have strong people management skills in addition to expert bench technique and molecular biology knowledge as this individual will be expected to lead the team as well as be a key driver of bench science.This high profile role will directly contribute to the technical success of biotechnology and breeding projects across the company. As such, excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
• Design, develop, and execute experimental research projects of high complexity.
• Develop novel experimental and analytical tools for high throughput sequencing-based assays.
• Evaluate and recommend new emerging technologies in relevant fields.
• Create scientifically rigorous visualizations, communications, and presentations of results.
• Contribute to the generation of standard protocols and intellectual property.