The person in this role will be responsible for the sales of BD Genomics products by direct sales activities, the aim being to grow and develop the sales revenue in the territory. The focus for this person will be in selling instrumentation and reagents for genomics solutions into the clinical and research markets (universities, biotechnology companies and hospitals). This role will report to the WW VP Sales - BD Genomics.
Duties and Responsibilities (Bullet Points)
- · Responsible for selling BD Genomics instrument and consumable products within the territory.
- · Ensure growth targets for the BD Genomics business are met/exceeded for the territory through sales activities in line with business strategies, direct negotiation, bid/tender response completion, attendance at exhibitions, organization of on-site meetings/demonstrations and technical/application support.
- · Demonstrate a strong understanding and execution of a proper sales process.
- · Provide regular feedback to the BD Genomics business team communicating the market opportunities and threats.
- · Maintain accurate customer contact details, marketing attributes and opportunity management in the CRM database (Salesforce).
- · Provide routine reporting regarding territory performance and accurate sales forecasts.
- · Create value for our customers
- · Travel as required by territory, up to 75%
- · Knowledge regarding genomic applications such as gene expression, mutation analysis or other forms of genomic variation; and for techniques such as next generation sequencing, sample prep/ library prep for genomic analysis, PCR, qPCR and digital PCR.
- · Must be motivated to achieve individual and team sales targets.
- · Must be a team player with the ability to coordinate necessary individuals from various functions such as Applications Support, Customer Service and Technical Support in order to achieve product sales.
- · Excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal and written skills.
- · Strong presentation, organization and analytical skills.
- · High level of negotiation skills would be desirable.
- · Ability to assess and respond to customer needs.
- · Experience influencing and connecting multiple decision makers and stakeholders with varying degrees of influence and personality types.
- · Ability to deal with ambiguity and act when limited information is available.
- · Demonstrate a proactive nature.
- · Project a very professional image.
- · Willingness to travel.
Education and Experience
- · Educated to BSc level in relevant life science degree, MSc or PhD in life science an advantage.
- · 3+ years experience as sales professional, demonstrating a successful track record, selling life science capital equipment and consumables.
- · 1+ years experience selling solutions for genomic applications such as gene expression, mutation analysis or other forms of genomic variation; and for techniques such as next generation sequencing, sample prep/ library prep for genomic analysis, PCR, qPCR and digital PCR.
- · PC Literate, skilled user of the Microsoft suite including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.