Reporting to the Director of Sales, the main focus will be to help grow the sales of existing genomic products in assigned market segment primarily through the use of telephone and electronic correspondences. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Execution of sales plan of action within defined account base. A formal review with manager is conducted quarterly. Prepares weekly call reports of business development activities.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from networking, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources. These are incorporated into business plan as qualified.
- Limited travel may be necessary on occasion. Travel may include, but not limited to trade shows, customer support, and technical service issues.
- Coordinate technical support and customer service issues with GeneSeek Technical Service Department, including setting up training trips and other travel related needs.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Works as part of the sales team when in office to maintain sales for GeneSeek/Neogen Corporation. This team effort will include support of all customers, including those not directly assigned to you. (e.g. in-bound phone calls, trouble shooting problems, etc.)
- Works with Marketing Department to keep management up-to-date on market conditions and competitive situations. Makes suggestions and proposals for ways to improve effectiveness.
- Technical Liaison – Develop and maintain current knowledge of Genomic markets and products and continually works to understand customer goals, priorities and challenges so as to properly position the company portfolio.
- Enters new customer data and pertinent data for current customers into CRM database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key influencers on business in assigned market segment.
- Continues to build skill level with product knowledge, market segment knowledge, sales skill training and studies.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Biological Sciences from an accredited four-year college or university; Knowledge of genomic (Genotyping, Next Generation Sequencing technologies) market segments