The Genomic Tools Market Development Manager is responsible for identifying and developing promising applications For Genomic Tools (including Custom Oligonucleotides, RNA interference, and Molecular Biology reagents) and externalizing them to customers as marketing collaterals, new product ideas and/or new format offerings.
- Creates a network of information with various functional departments within IDT to identify changes in customer ordering.
- Understands data generated by analysts and converts into action plans.
- Communicates with customers to understand the underlying application or technology and to identify potential emerging trends.
- Coordinates with Custom Oligonucleotide Product Manager.
- Understands market needs and develops a plan; provides strategic recommendations.
- Identifies internal/external resources to address opportunity.
- Generates drafts for marketing collaterals (i.e. Application Notes). Coordinates with Marketing Managers and the Scientific Communications team to generate and distribute marketing collaterals.
- Initiates and manages collaborations with customers.
- Drafts new product opportunity proposals as required. Supports information gathering to capture customer requirements and product specifications.
- Champions changes in product offerings (sizes, formats, packaging, etc.).
- Challenges R&D to investigate the next Genomics revolution.
- Drives revenue generation by training and supporting sales and the support staff.
- Presents technical data (at conferences, seminars, webinars) to customers. Presents project ideas and action plans to peers and all levels of management.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences or business studies required
- MBA preferred
- Two or more years of experience in technical support and/or manufacturing environment within the life science industry strongly preferred
- Practical lab experience strongly preferred
- Experience with data analysis and basic understanding of statistics preferred
Other Job Qualifications
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Self-starter with a drive to motivate others and achieve objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to manage by influence
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to develop and apply creative/innovative solutions
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to a minimal amount frequently.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.