Genomic Research Scientist
Elmwood Park, NJ
This is an exciting time to join our dynamic organization. OPKO Health is a diversified healthcare company that seeks to establish industry-leading positions in large, rapidly growing markets, including pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, and biologics. OPKO's diagnostics business includes BioReference Laboratories, the nation's third-largest and fastest growing clinical laboratory over the last 35 years, which provides diagnostic testing to physician offices, hospitals, and clinics, among others, and GeneDx, a rapidly growing genetics and genomics laboratory that applies cutting edge technologies to make efficient clinical diagnostic testing and interpretation available for individuals with rare and common genetic conditions. Come join our team and become part of something big, by making our patients and customers the highest priority. As a full service clinical laboratory, we are constantly looking for new technologies and new methodologies that will help us grow. People are our most important asset as we continue to grow and drive advances in technology.
The Genomics Research Scientist position is available within the Genomics Research and Development Group at Bioreference. As part of the Genomics R&D team the candidate will improve current Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) workflows as well as bring on new technologies and develop novel assays and approaches.
- Engage in fundamental assay development and seamlessly transition their work into the clinical setting.
- Acquire new technical skills and driven to see projects through.
- Assist in a number of projects.
- Play an active role in experimental design.
- Work closely with the clinical production laboratory to successfully integrate newly developed products.
- Communicate the status of projects.