The Genomic National Account Manager (GNAM) leads Genomic Health's Oncotype DX products with commercial payers. Our focus is on targeted commercial payers in a specific geographic territory, including fully insured, self-funded/Administrative Services Only (ASO), Medicare Advantage and Managed Medicaid covered lives.
Reporting to the Director, Field Managed Care, you are responsible for developing strategic account and segment business plans and implementing corporate pricing, contracting & revenue pull-through, which improve resources such as time, budget, and return on investment. You will focus on insuring medical providers and patients have access to our products and services by educating partners within these segments and influencing their medical policy decisions, medical pathways, and contracting.
You will have a deep understanding of important territory-related issues and complete objectives outlined in the strategic market plan. You will identify and implement ethical, innovative, and creative ideas to respond to the ever-changing market landscape into actionable elements of a territory strategic plan.
You will partner with these organizations and internal teams such as Government GNAM's, Sales, Marketing, Medical, Strategic Accounts Contracting, Billing and Reimbursement to ensure Genomic Health's lines of business and interests are well represented, accessible, and reimbursed within these organizations.
- Skillfully deals with complex concepts associated with the commercial payer markets including specific payers business i.e. fully insured, self-funded ASO, Medicare Advantage and Managed Medicaid
- Invests time to maintain an in-depth understanding of the commercial payers markets as well as the oncology, surgeon, and pathology markets
- Maintains knowledge of disease states associated with our genomic assays, Oncotype DX, and services
- Responsible for all policy, strategy and tactical execution of the strategic plans w/ these accounts to include coverage, payment, rate determination/negotiation and bringing in internal and external resources necessary to achieve our desired outcome
- Lead the negotiation of pricing and contract terms w/in these segments
- Provides information critical to accomplishing the Genomic Health's mission to all parties involved in the Managed Care issue, especially the Contracts group and Sales teams.
- Provide direct feedback to teams and individuals so they can make accurate decisions
- Partner and communicate with all internal team partners – including Sales, Strategic Accounts, Marketing, Medical, Commercial Operations, Billing and Reimbursement, Contracting
- Provide input into the organization's Billing & Reimbursement policies regarding Commercial payer programs and facilitate communications of these policy processes (i.e. coverage polices, prior authorization requirements) to field sales and GNAMs.
- Established relationship or access to relationships with key Managed Care Organizations and related influence groups that impact access to our assay for Providers and Patients
- A. or B.S. degree, MBA a plus; 5-10 years Managed Care Account Management and/or sales experience within the Diagnostic Industry.
- Knowledgeable of Commercial payer markets and how they operate in given geographies;
- Strives for excellence in all aspects performance and committed to continuous self-evaluation and development; Contributes to the organization, peers, and customers beyond sales/revenue production
- Fluent understanding of US regulations governing the lab industry, specifically concerning billing and reimbursement
- Demonstrated strength in developing and executing strategic plans with regard to coverage, pricing as well as establishing self and GHI as a trusted business advisor and solutions provider to these segments
- Possesses strong consultative account management approach enabling this person to secure outcome where everybody wins agreements
- Ability to think Ahead of the Curve and develop strategies to ensure GHI well positioned within this segment in anticipation of significant change.
- Develop relationships and key opinion leader advocacy to include key oncologists, surgeons, pathologists as well as partners w/in coverage and rate determination positions
- Collaborate with field sales to team to develop and implement strategies to maximize access, awareness within these channels as well as revenue and reimbursement rates
- Leads GHI's presence at conferences and events specific to these channels; collaborate with Marketing and Managed Care Medical Director to craft messaging, deliverables, publication and presentation opportunities
- Strong social, organizational and communication skills both written and oral
- Experience negotiating agreements involving multiple partners
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization; able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with spreadsheets; Comfortable with technology and capable of identifying enhancement opportunities
- Able to prioritize and work towards results with a high emphasis on quality