The Genomic National Account Manager (GNAM) is responsible for managing Genomic Health's lines of business with commercial payers. Our focus are on targeted commercial payers in a given geographic territory including their fully insured, self-funded ASO, Medicare Advantage and Managed Medicaid covered lives.
This person is responsible for developing strategically targeted, account specific business plans and aggressively implementing corporate (pricing, contracting & revenue pull-through) and segment plans with a bias for maximizing important resources including time, money and return on investment. Efforts of this person should focus on insuring medical providers and patients have access to our products and services by educating stakeholders within these segments and influencing their medical policy decisions, influencing medical pathways, and contracting.
This person will have a clear understanding of important territory-related issues and will devote the time necessary to complete objectives outlined in the strategic market plan. This person is also responsible for identifying ethical, innovative, customer-oriented ideas in response to changing market forces and turns these ideas into actionable elements of the territory strategic plan to execute within a defined time period.
This person will partner with these organizations and internal teams such as Government GNAM's, Sales, Marketing, Medical, Contracting, Billing and Reimbursement to ensure all GHI lines of business and interests are well represented, accessible, and reimbursed within these organizations.
This position reports to the Director, Field Managed Care.
- Skillfully deals with the concepts and complexities associated within the commercial payer markets including specific payers business i.e. fully insured, self-funded ASO, Medicare Advantage and Managed Medicaid
- Invests the time necessary to maintain an in-depth understanding of the commercial payers markets as related to these segments as well as the oncology, surgeon and pathology markets. Additionally, the GNAM skillfully deals with the concepts and complexities associated with the disease states associate with our products.
- Strives for excellence in all aspects of his/her performance and is committed to continuous self-evaluation and development.
- Strives to contribute to the organization, peers, and customers beyond sales/revenue production.
- Responsible for all policy, strategy and tactical execution of the strategic plans w/ these accounts to include coverage, payment, rate determination/negotiation and bringing in the necessary internal and external resources necessary to achieve our desired outcomes.
- Provides information critical to accomplishing the GHI mission to all parties involved in the Managed Care issue, especially the Contracts group and Sales teams.
- Provide direct feedback to individuals so they can make accurate decisions at all levels of the company (national, regional & area teams).
- Partner and communicate with all internal team stakeholders – to include Sales, Marketing, Medical, Commercial Operations, Billing and Reimbursement, Contracting.
- Provide input into the organization's billing & reimbursement policies regarding commercial payer programs and help communicate those policies processes (i.e. coverage polices, prior authorization requirements) to field sales and GNAMs.