The Genomic National Account Manager (GNAM) is responsible for managing Genomic Health's lines of business with commercial payers. Our focus are on targeted commercial payers in a given geographic territory including their fully insured, self-funded ASO, Medicare Advantage and Managed Medicaid covered lives.
This person is responsible for developing strategically targeted, account specific business plans and aggressively implementing corporate (pricing, contracting & revenue pull-through) and segment plans with a bias for maximizing important resources including time, money and return on investment. Efforts of this person should focus on insuring medical providers and patients have access to our products and services by educating stakeholders within these segments and influencing their medical policy decisions, influencing medical pathways, and contracting.
This person will have a clear understanding of important territory-related issues and will devote the time necessary to complete objectives outlined in the strategic market plan. This person is also responsible for identifying ethical, innovative, customer-oriented ideas in response to changing market forces and turns these ideas into actionable elements of the territory strategic plan to execute within a defined time period.
This person will partner with these organizations and internal teams such as Government GNAM's, Sales, Marketing, Medical, Contracting, Billing and Reimbursement to ensure all GHI lines of business and interests are well represented, accessible, and reimbursed within these organizations.
This position reports to the Director, Field Managed Care.
- Skillfully deals with the concepts and complexities associated within the commercial payer markets including specific payers business i.e. fully insured, self-funded ASO, Medicare Advantage and Managed Medicaid
- Invests the time necessary to maintain an in-depth understanding of the commercial payers markets as related to these segments as well as the oncology, surgeon and pathology markets. Additionally, the GNAM skillfully deals with the concepts and complexities associated with the disease states associate with our products.
- Strives for excellence in all aspects of his/her performance and is committed to continuous self-evaluation and development.
- Strives to contribute to the organization, peers, and customers beyond sales/revenue production.
- Responsible for all policy, strategy and tactical execution of the strategic plans w/ these accounts to include coverage, payment, rate determination/negotiation and bringing in the necessary internal and external resources necessary to achieve our desired outcomes.
- Provides information critical to accomplishing the GHI mission to all parties involved in the Managed Care issue, especially the Contracts group and Sales teams.
- Provide direct feedback to individuals so they can make accurate decisions at all levels of the company (national, regional & area teams).
- Partner and communicate with all internal team stakeholders – to include Sales, Marketing, Medical, Commercial Operations, Billing and Reimbursement, Contracting.
- Provide input into the organization's billing & reimbursement policies regarding commercial payer programs and help communicate those policies processes (i.e. coverage polices, prior authorization requirements) to field sales and GNAMs.
- Established relationship or access to relationships with key Managed Care Organizations and related influence groups that impact access to our assay for Providers and Patients
- 5-10 years Managed Care contracting and/or sales experience within the Health Care Industry.
- A. or B.S. degree, MBA a plus
- Knowledgeable of Commercial payer markets and how they operate in given geographies
- Fluent understanding of US regulations governing the lab industry, specifically concerning billing and reimbursement
- Demonstrated strength in developing and executing strategic plans with regard to coverage, pricing as well as establishing self and GHI as a trusted business advisor and solutions provider to these segments
- Possesses strong consultative, solutions-oriented account management approach enabling this person to secure win/win agreements
- Must have ability to think ahead of the curve and develop strategies to ensure GHI well positioned within this segment in anticipation of significant change.
- Ability to successfully execute strategic plans to desired goals within defined time period.
- Develop relationships and thought leader advocacy to include key oncologists, surgeons, pathologists as well as stakeholders w/in coverage and rate determination positions.
- Lead the negotiation of pricing and contract terms w/in these segments.
- Collaborate with field sales to team to develop and implement strategies to maximize access, awareness within these channels as well as revenue and reimbursement rates.
- Manage our presence at conferences and events specific to these channels and work w/ marketing and Managed Care Medical Director to craft messaging, deliverables, publication and presentation opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills both written and oral
- Experience negotiating agreements involving multi-stakeholders
- Experience implementing new business processes and driving organizational change
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with spreadsheets
- Comfortable with web technology and capable of identifying enhancement opportunities
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Ability to work as part of a team
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Travel Requirements: More than 50% Travel
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary