Helix is building a high-throughput genetics laboratory using next generation sequencing to provide genomics scale information to our clients. We're excited to deliver novel genomic insights to our customers and the laboratory is the foundation of our ability to supply high quality, accurate and reproducible genomic data.
We are searching for a highly motivated, independent and team oriented Data Analyst to join our growing team in San Diego. As a Data Analyst on the Helix team you will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment to provide technical review of customer’s DNA sequencing results that will be used in cutting-edge clinical genetics applications.
As a Data Analyst, you will:
- Review high volume NGS results, both primary and secondary metrics, as part of the data release process for clinical samples.
- Track samples from DNA sequencing raw results thru to passing QC thresholds to ensure timely reporting of clinical results.
- Use systematic problem-solving methods to troubleshoot complex issues related to quality of results.
- Help to establish best practices for analysis of results in compliance with clinical lab quality regulations. Document plans, processes and results accordingly.
- Perform analyses of processes, identify gaps and deficiencies in the data analysis workflow. Help design controlled experiments to optimize processes to achieve commercial levels of stability, robustness, and performance.
- Present clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues and supervisors, lead and/or participate in technical meetings, and provide recommendations based on technical results.
- Provide technical leadership in the transfer of new processes to clinical production.
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.