Genetic Counselor - REMOTE
GeneDx is rapidly growing CLIA-Certified diagnostic genetics laboratory. We provide cutting edge technologies for genetic molecular diagnostics and offer vital, new-platform products in the critical area of molecular diagnostics. We specialize in genetic testing for rare hereditary disorders, but also test for common disorders. Our primary mission is to make clinical testing available to people with rare genetic conditions and their families. Because of our tremendous growth, we are in searchof remote Genetic Counselors.
We are seeking an experienced, full-time, Board Certified Genetic Counselor to join our large clinical staff of geneticists and genetic counselors for our clinical exome sequencing, neurology, and cardiology programs. The responsibilities of this position can be performed remotely and candidates can be based anywhere throughout the US.
- Summarize genetic test results and generate customized result reports
- Utilize a variety of in-house software tools to research and write reports
- Perform critical quality control functions for laboratory workflow and clinical reports
- Help develop test report language, expand and maintain reporting templates, and thrive to improve report clarity and consistency.
- Perform research on genes and novel sequence variants to determine clinical relevance
- Assist in variant classification based on emerging scientific information
- Participate in research and development of new gene panels and tests, and updates to existing tests
- Assist in the development of education and marketing materials
- Participate visibly in the medical genetics, genetic counseling, and patient advocacy communities
- Perform other related duties as needed; such as providing customer service to clinicians and genetic counselors for genetic tests and facilitating communication of test results to health care providers