Sequenom is looking for an office based Genetic Counselor to work as Clinical Laboratory Liaison. This position will serve as a scientific and clinical liaison between Sequenom Laboratories and Health Care Professionals and clients by developing laboratory operational best practices and communicating key scientific and clinical information as it relates to laboratory testing. The Clinical Laboratory Liaison will work to define strategies that support daily laboratory operations and customer service responses to inquiries regarding lab specimen submission, receipt, processing, status and results.
- Provide laboratory clinical leadership within Sequenom Laboratories through training of and daily communication with customer service staff, including customer service representatives, sample accessioning staff and contracted genetic counseling support.
- Provide clinical support to clients/health care providers regarding test selection, test performance, and laboratory processes.
- Oversee outbound communications to clients to relay clinical specimen issues and gather additional clinical information.
- Communicate positive test results directly to clients/health care providers.
- Provide resolution to customer service issues by responding to client/healthcare provider complaints and implementing operation improvements when appropriate.
- In coordination with the laboratory director, respond to requests for additional laboratory data, custom reports and/or clinical interpretation of results.
- Work with laboratory staff and directors on projects related to lab test performance, including reviews of detection rates, collection of clinical follow-up data and analysis of laboratory data.
- Support the maintenance of a registry of clinical cases.
- Participate in manuscript writing for journal publication.
- Serve as a resource and collaborator for other functional groups within Sequenom such as Marketing, Customer Service, Medical Affairs and Sales.