Job Title: Genetic Counselor any experience level
• Master’s degree in Genetic Counseling from an accredited training program is required.
• Must be board certified/board eligible by the American Board of Genetic Counseling.
• Licensed as genetic Counselor as allowed by state legislation. License in other states a plus.
• A demonstrated ability to independently solve problems and to work effectively in a team environment.
• Experience with telephone counseling desired.
• Expertise in specific areas of genetics such as cancer, cardiac or other areas is desirable. Cancer counseling experience is especially a plus.
• Excellent time management, project management, multitasking and organizational skills.
• Forward thinking, open -minded, adaptable, self-starter with ideas and energy to interact in a fast paced environment with various departments, physicians, patients and the public.
• Extremely strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Highly motivated and successful individual who can build and maintain a positive, challenging and dynamic work environment.
• Excellent computer skills (Mac or PC) with working knowledge in Microsoft Office while being adaptable to various computer programs and internal systems.
Summary: This position has overall responsibilities for providing pre-test and post-test counseling to physicians and their patients. Responsible for developing an effective genetic counseling service that includes the development of new and existing procedures for implementation, support, analysis, execution and training for clients, patients and sales reps. Interact with company team of laboratory, marketing, researchers, and company principles to shape policies and procedures.
As a CAP and CLIA accredited clinical laboratory this lab provides physicians and their patients with accurate genetic information to improve or maintain health and wellness. This lab is a leader in the commercial genetic testing industry.