The primary responsibilities of the genetic counselor are the interpretation of results from and preparation of reports for molecular assays, communication with referring providers, and product development. Remote candidates will be considered.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Review relevant literature, including journals and databases, in order to interpret and report molecular findings, establishing phenotype-genotype links, in a consistent and rigorous fashion.
- Assist providers in selecting tests that are clinically appropriate based on interpretation of the patient's phenotype, previous genetic test results, and family history.
- Identify, evaluate, and collaborate in the development of new tests through consultation with experts, review of the literature, and assessment of clinical utility and cost effectiveness.
- Direct and contribute to manuscript preparation and professional meeting presentations.
- Perform other duties as required to meet existing and prospective client needs