This position offers a unique opportunity for a Genetic Counselor to become involved in the implementation of laboratory genetic consultation service in the section of Clinical Molecular and Genomic Pathology. The selected candidate will closely work with laboratory medical directors and other laboratory personnel, and provide information and technical support to the clients.
- Guides the physicians/clients in identifying appropriate testing approach based on their patients' clinical and family history.
- Assists the Medical Directors with interpretation of genetic test results and writing reports.
- Communicates genetic test results to the physicians/clients.
- Provides education on genetic topics to the physicians and laboratory staff.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.