Based at the Mount Sinai Genetic Testing Laboratory in Branford, Connecticut, the incumbent will be a member of the Genetic Counseling team of the Mount Sinai Genetic Testing Laboratory (MSGTL). MSGTL currently has two locations: New York City and Branford, Connecticut where Genetic Counselors perform several roles, including but not limited to:
- Providing telephone genetic counseling to patients and families prior to and after genetic testing.
- Verifying test orders to ensure appropriate patient testing by reviewing medical records, obtaining medical and family histories via direct communication with the ordering provider and/or patient.
- Aiding Laboratory Directors with workflow and resulting mechanisms so that various providers receive accurate genetic information as well as excellent customer service/support.
- The Genetic Counselor will also be responsible for coordinating research efforts related to oncology clinics, including maintenance of Institutional Review Board and regulatory compliance, recruiting/enrolling study subjects, coordinating study subject visits to ensure protocol compliance, maintaining study databases, and overseeing study monitor visits.
- This is a new position with potential to expand in several ways. Ambitious, creative, highly motivated individuals are encouraged to apply.