We are seeking a General Laboratory Supervisor (“GLS”) who will often be the first point of contact for Clinical Laboratory Scientists and Laboratory Assistants at Crescendo Bioscience Clinical Laboratory, a high complexity testing lab in a bright and sunny environment with state-of-the-art equipment. The GLS must also act as a liaison between the CLSs and Laboratory Assistants and the Technical Supervisor, Laboratory Director, and the staff and management team in Development, Customer Service, Quality Assurance and other functional areas. As such, the GLS must exhibit strong leadership, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, and must demonstrate the ability to analyze complex issues and make sound decisions in a timely manner. The GLS will flexibly respond to and lead change, adapting quickly to evolving circumstances, addressing difficult issues quickly, fairly, and ethically, remaining professional and composed under pressure, and communicating team goals, priorities, and issues effectively across all levels of the laboratory and across departments. Participating in the monthly QMS meetings, presenting activities and metric outcomes to review and assess compliance, developing and implementing remedial activity plans, as needed, and activities for quality improvement
The GLS will forecast and continually assess staffing levels to ensure adequate laboratory capacity and will recruit and hire new employees, reviewing resumes, organizing interview teams, and hiring the selected candidates. The GLS will also be responsible for the ongoing management of their staff, conducting performance reviews and ensuring appropriate work scheduling, training, mentoring, and professional development. The GLS will facilitate effective teamwork and coordination in patient sample testing and associated projects, and will collaborate with the laboratory staff to identify and champion operational improvements. The GLS will collaborate with Quality Assurance team to address issues and concerns promptly and thoroughly.
•The GLS is responsible for the general daily supervision of the laboratory personnel and the daily operations of the Analytical Laboratory, under the direction of the Technical Supervisor.
•Will perform high complexity laboratory testing on patient specimens according to
standard operating procedures as needed, interpreting and reporting patient results, and performing quality control and quality assurance procedures while complying with all applicable local, state, and federal laboratory requirements.
•Will be responsible for managing the validation and ongoing maintenance of new laboratory
equipment and will play a major role in the introduction of new test methods into the lab.
•The GLS of this High Complexity CLIA Laboratory is a hands-on position responsible for the day-
to-day supervision and oversight of the clinical laboratory’s operations and personnel performing testing and reporting of test results.
- Must be California certified Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
- Must qualify as a General Supervisor as defined under CLIA '88.
- Must have at least four years of experience in their field with at least two years in their technical specialty.
- Previous management experience or participation in management training programs is required.
- Must have a good working knowledge of regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- A high degree of problem solving and decision making skills is required.
- Excellent leadership, human relations and communication skills are required.
- Practical and hands-on experience in Quality Management Systems (QMS); Excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and adapt rapidly to changing priorities and tasks are required