Cures Start Here.
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer with minimal side effects. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network.
Careers Start Here.
We are looking for a Front End Web Engineer who is motivated to combine the art of information design with the art of programming. Successful applicants will have a track record of translating functional requirements into scalable application code. Working side by side with biologists, data scientists and fellow engineers your talents will be leveraged to improve cancer patient health outcomes. As a part of a small team you will be involved in all aspects of product development helping to define both how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop visualizations of large-scale clinical and molecular data.
- Build open source code and libraries.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Expert understanding of web technologies HTML5, CSS3.
- Basic understanding of WebGL, ThreeJS and Design Patterns.
- Experience with server-side pre-processing platforms, such as Gulp, Bower and Sass.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Illustrator and Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning and CI tools, such as GIT, CircleCI and Docke.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Degree in Computer Science or comparable experience.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE