The Formulation Scientist I formulates custom oligonucleotides according to the customer's specifications. This generally includes quantification, final packaging, and QC sampling of the products being made.
Job Specific Essential Functions:
- Uses automated and manual lab equipment accurately; including limited maintenance and troubleshooting activities
- Uses custom software packages to complete tasks and create final product
- Utilizes stoichiometry to convert measurement units and creates custom solutions
- Translates order requirements into a process to formulate oligos to the customer's specifications
- Quantifies and samples oligos for quality control tests
- Assesses QC data accurately and makes pass/fail decisions for oligos
- Maintains daily ship deadlines for all products
- Maximizes automation for all processes
- Incorporates new products and processes continuously
- Adheres to safety regulations, lab SOPs, and contamination controls
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values
- Performs other duties as assigned
Position Specific Essential Functions:
- Completes replication of plate and/or tube orders
- Utilizes ERP system to order lab supplies and fulfill work orders, as needed
- Assists with writing and double checking scripts and mapping for liquid handlers
- Assists with creating and following custom flows for special processing orders
- Completes backend checks on final product, as required
- Associate's degree in science related field plus 2 years of applicable lab experience required
- Bachelor's degree in science related field preferred
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (and an emphasis on Excel) required
- Skill to calculate concentrations with provided formulas required
- Ability to operate pipette required
Other Job Qualifications:
- Strong attention to detail
- Uses aids and SOPs to make decisions about the proper production path per product
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to efficiently accomplish departmental goals
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Ability to manage time and works independently
- Ability to communicate with peers and all levels of management
- Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Ability to accept responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Ability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.