Van Andel Research Institute (VARI) is a leading independent biomedical research facility and we are currently seeking to hire a Flow Cytometry Core Facility Manager. VARI is dedicated to determining the epigenetic, genetic, molecular and cellular origins of cancer, Parkinson’s and other diseases, and translating those findings into effective therapies. The Institute is home to more than 330 scientists and support staff that work in on-site laboratories and in collaborative partnerships that span the globe.
As our Flow Cytometry Facility Manager, your main responsibility will be design, develop and qualify robust analytical methods using flow cytometry for VARI scientists and their collaborators for research and clinical applications.
You will be responsible for the following Key Areas in this role:
• Advise VARI scientists on design
• Perform assays for VARI scientists
• Train VARI scientists so they can perform assays (semi-)independently
• Follow technical developments in the field and ensure that the VARI core is at the forefront.
You will also be VARI’s in-house expert in flow cytometry technology and operate on the leading edge of state-of-the-art technology and emerging applications in cell sorting and analysis.
As our in-house expert you will:
• Work collaboratively with scientists to determine appropriate method formats and required sensitivity for intended applications and responsible for performing assays to inform process understanding
• Provide supervision and/or special training to technical personnel in flow cytometry related research projects.
• Maintain best knowledge of current practices in flow cytometry, compliance with safety regulations, perform instrument maintenance and repairs or initiate repairs through vendors.