Field Service Specialist - Central & East Texas (3090)
QIAGEN Sciences, Inc., is a Biotechnology leader in the manufacturing of innovative, customer-driven products. Our rapid growth means that we are continuously seeking highly motivated and talented individuals to expand our operations. If you are interested in belonging to a dynamic and enthusiastic high-performing Team, developing your potential and using your skills to contribute to its success, QIAGEN Sciences, Inc. is where you should be! We recruit employees for the long term and reward them for their commitment.
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Field Service Specialist for our Texas region, preferably based in Houston, San Antonio, Austin or Dallas (or the surrounding metroplex areas). The Field Service Specialist provides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation, training, troubleshooting, service/repair/maintenance, and support of complex equipment and systems on all levels (hardware and software). Reviews and approves operational quality of system equipment. Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects. Interprets customers’ needs and identifies if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel, or service. May promote the sale of service products.
● Install, maintain, repair and support equipment on all levels (hardware, software and applications)
● Maintain and develop positive relationships with customers
● Utilize relevant databases to input and provide information that will increase effectiveness
● Utilize all available tools such as Service Reports, Spare Part & Service Manuals, Instrument Service Information notes, etc.
● Assist in the development and maintenance of reference customers
● Assist in meeting/exceeding sales targets in relation to maintaining high customer satisfaction
● Actively promote and sell Field Service products
● Give active feedback to Sales, Global Product Support and your team/management
● Manage effective available time and resources
● Provide cross-border/district/region support when required
● Positively represent QIAGEN in front of the customer, be a good example!
● Ability to lift ~70lb or 25kgs
● Will require work with hazardous substances such as acids and solvents and to could work in biological laboratories up to BSL3.
● On-time expense report completion and submission, as well as other administrative responsibilities are critical.