Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
The Field Service Engineer position will provide on-site customer product support for Illumina's products.
All About You
• Install, upgrade, repair, and maintain instrument systems in defined territory.
• Troubleshoot and repair system problems.
• Submit service reports, expense reports, and "Bug" reports in a timely manner.
• Enter work performed in service database in a timely manner.
• Maintain accurate service spares inventory.
• Revise/review SOPs.
• Demonstrated ability to align optical systems.
• Travel required up to 70%.
• Must be highly motivated and have strong problem solving ability.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Must have good technical writing abilities.
• Must be able to work independently and as a team player.
• Computer experience and literacy a must. Working knowledge of Visio a plus.
• Must be flexible in working hours as this position may require customer support during non-regular business hours.
• Demonstrated account management skills
• BS in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, related degree with knowledge in the biotechnology/biomedical industry, or applicable military experience.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf