Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
Provides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assists with interfacing between the field organization and internal support structure by providing timely onsite technical assistance to Customers, Field Applications Scientist/Specialists, and Territory Account Managers
- Serve as a focal point for problem resolution assistance to subsidiary or distributor support
- Responsible for editing, writing and modifying Service and Training manuals, Field Service Bulletins, and SOPs
- Install, upgrade, repair, and maintain instrument systems in defined territory
- Provide technical support to staff, contractors and customers
- Manage the Service Territory including distributor’s service staff
- Respond to service requests and ensure customer satisfaction
- Manage service parts inventory levels
- Maintain up to date customer information, technical files and appropriate databases
- Provide timely and accurate reports as requested
- Works in conjunction with other staff to coordinate new system placements, develop leads, promote upgrades and contract renewals etc.
- Maintains routine contact with existing customer base
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
- BS in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, related degree with knowledge in the biotechnology/biomedical industry, or applicable military experience
Preferred Experiential Background:
- 2-5 years relevant experience
- Must be highly motivated and have strong problem solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must have good technical writing abilities
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player
- Computer experience and literacy a must
- Working knowledge of Visio a plus
- Familiarity with field optical alignments, robotics, electrical/electronics, and mechanical systems
- Knowledge and skills typically acquired through previous positions in fast-paced corporate environments which involved responsibility for similar work
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf