Field Sales Representative
Rainin Instrument, a subsidiary of METTLER TOLEDO, is looking for a seasoned field sales representative to join our Sales team in our North Los Angeles territory. This position is responsible for the selling of Rainin products and services to key accounts, the maintenance of the covered territory, and a variety of sales administration activities. This position reports directly to the District Manager, Southwest Territory, for Rainin.
The ideal candidate will use his/her extensive field sales experience to routinely complete key activities in the following areas:
Key Account Selling and Strategies
1. Works to meet semi-annual targets by identifying key accounts and utilizing a variety of key account strategies.
a. Seeks partnerships with pharmaceutical/biotech accounts assuring preferred or equal access for the Company.
b. Sells pipette and tip contracts, BPAs, bids and quotes to labs, departments, and stockrooms, in academic and private accounts.
c. Initiates and participates with on-site vendor shows.
d. Conducts on-site seminars on topics such as: pipette techniques, application, ergonomics, and care and maintenance.
e. Promotes product to key accounts through direct sales and product detailing.
f. Utilizes sales program introductory and discretionary quotes effectively.
g. Drafts account specific micro-marketing pieces to support sales.
h. Actively seeks electronic commerce and paperless procurement solutions for key accounts.
i. Provides “C-account” leads to inside sales departments.
j. Identifies new opportunities through cold-calling and penetrating new segments/accounts.
2. Maintains Territory
a. Utilizes internal marketing data and compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
b. Travels through assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders.
c. Ensures timely lead follow-up through telemarketing activities, literature and samples fulfillment:
i. Welcomes new labs or accounts.
ii. Seeks OEM opportunities.
iii. Seeks appropriate BPAs.
d. Joins local professional organizations that represent the Company’s customer base.
Planning, Organizing and Reporting
1. Drafts and proposes monthly, quarterly and half-year key account plans and profiles, listing specific objectives and results.
2. Submits mail list additions to Marketing on a frequent basis.
3. Submits local show reports, quotes, and Contact Manager files monthly.
4. Reports to District Manager on daily activity and field notes at least one time per week.
5. Submits and reviews quarterly Summary reports with District Manager.
1. Provides staffing for national and regional trade shows as requested.
2. Maintains technical expertise.
3. Utilizes Rainin Sales Contact Manager and seeks appropriate training to improve skills.
4. Complies with Company guidelines regarding return of sales and mail list reports, expense reports, and sign-out procedures.