Roche Sequencing & Life Sciences is inviting applications for the full-time position of NGS Field Automation Scientist for the East Coast. The successful applicant will report to the Automation Manager and have the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with Sales team to provide pre- and post-sales support for customers who are evaluating or are implementing automated solutions for Roche’s Sequencing product portfolio, specifically the KAPA library preparation and AVENIO product solutions.
- Perform on-site method installations, qualification, and training for our customers.
- Provide technical feedback to the Automation Development Engineers for method modification and improvement.
- Train and certify other Field Application Scientist on standard automation methods
- Coordinate with customers and automation equipment providers on a variety of projects, including early access to new methods; method qualification and optimization; and generation of marketing collateral related to Roche’s automated solutions.
- Ability to travel 50 – 75% of the time.