The Field Applications Specialist provides on-site scientific application support and training on ArcherDX products, thereby contributing substantially to customer satisfaction, minimizing customer adoption time for a new and highly differentiated targeted sequencing technology and thus shortening time to revenue. This individual will support business development functions in the achievement of regional sales targets by delivering product line specific pre- and post-sales related customer support activities.
- Acquire and maintain theoretical and practical knowledge of targeted sequencing methodologies for use in research and clinical based applications.
- Acquire and maintain scientific and competitive knowledge and market segment overview for support of customers, sales and service. Keep up to date with the scientific community. Train other colleagues on new products/applications as necessary.
- Provide high quality pre-sales support by customer visits, product/application demonstrations, seminars/workshops and sample analysis. Participate in the organization and management of these events as required.
- Deliver feedback to sales & marketing on current and emerging market conditions and product opportunities.
- Work effectively with Sales and Service in regional/key accounts of responsibility.
- Provide high quality post-sales support by training and visiting customers, delivery of email support, organization of user meetings and general follow up of customer’s requests.
- Track, record and document relevant information in SFDC CRM related to all technical enquiries from customers. Document complaints and work within the organization to record and resolve these issues.
- Develop and maintain FAQs and Knowledge Base related to technical aspects of ArcherDX products
- Ensures that high value customer collaborations are effectively supported leading to Key Opinion Leader adoption of the targeted sequencing technology
- Resolve customer escalations effectively thereby delivering a win-win solution for the major stakeholders.
- Remain up to date with market, product and technical aspects of the next generation sequencing marketplace with a particular emphasis on understanding clinical based applications.
- Participate in trade shows as needed. Help find new sales prospects
- Receive calls and emails from customers and sales personnel and provide technical assistance by phone or on-site regarding the application, use, and maintenance of ArcherDX products. Provide basic troubleshooting, follow-up and support to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Must be able and willing to travel 50-75% to support customers in the field including the United States, Europe and the Middle East.
- Additional duties as assigned.