Reports To: Manager, Service and Support
Function: Customer Solutions
Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
The FAS is the primary technical field contact for Illumina customers, and is responsible for all new installations, all customer trainings, and for providing data analysis, logistical, and troubleshooting support in their territory. The primary goals are to ensure maximum utilization of Illumina systems to drive revenues and sustain customer retention.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating new installations, including facility inspections, instrument validation, and customer training. Reviews and approves operational quality of equipment, and instruct customers in operations and maintenance of system
- Troubleshooting issues related to user's technical skills, biochemistry/assay design, experimental design, software and instruments. Interprets customer needs and identifies if the responsibility for a problem resolution falls to sales personnel, engineering, or other company personnel
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers in assigned territory
- Helping to maintain and increase product usage, and supporting key account and strategic sales efforts through technical presentations and demonstrations
- Provides strategic and competitive feedback to Marketing and product development teams, and independently leads or manages beta tests at customer sites
- Developing and improving key company processes that support our mission of building a world-class customer support organization
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.