Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
The clinical FAS is the primary technical field contact for Illumina’s clinical customers and is responsible for new installations, customer training's, and for providing data analysis, logistical, and troubleshooting support for all accounts in their territory. The primary goals are to ensure the successful onboarding of new clinical customers and maximum utilization of Illumina systems to drive revenues and sustain customer retention.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Partner with Territory Account Managers and Sales Specialists to support pre-sales and customer onboarding conversations and customer training at clinical account. Review operational quality of equipment and instructs customers in operations and maintenance of system(s).
· Deliver sample-to-answer training, including library preparation protocols and data analysis workflows.
· Direct customers to appropriate references and resources regarding regulatory compliance.
· Troubleshoot issues related to user's technical skills, biochemistry/assay design, experimental design, software, and instruments. Interpret customer needs and identify whether the responsibility for a problem resolution falls to sales personnel, engineering, or other company personnel.
· Provide second level support in areas of clinical expertise to wider applications team and customer base.
· Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers in assigned territory.
· Help maintain and increase product usage and support key account and strategic sales efforts through technical presentations and demonstrations.
· Drive sales or marketing on new strategic sales initiatives requiring both technical depth and market knowledge.
· Provide strategic and competitive feedback to Marketing and product development teams, and independently manage beta tests at customer sites.
· Develop and improve key company processes that support our mission of building a world-class clinical support team and customer support organization.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
· PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or Genetics required OR M.S. + 5 years experience.
Preferred Experiential Background:
· 5+ years biotech experience
· Must be willing to travel up to 70%
· Prior field experience supporting clinical customers in a highly technical field
· Recognized technical experience in at least one microarray, sequencing, or diagnostic discipline
· Experience in specific clinical markets or assays (such as reproductive health, HLA, CF, oncology, etc.) are a plus
· Experience in a regulated environment; for example, CLIA, CAP
· Independently works on highly complex problems requiring analysis of multiple variables
· Uses independent judgment in developing methods, techniques or evaluation criteria for obtaining results
· Demonstrated ability to determine strategic direction to meet goals
· Demonstrated written and verbal communication and training skills
· Experience using Genotyping and Sequencing technologies
· Demonstrated understanding of commonly-used Genotyping data analysis software applications and/or Bioinformatics tools and programs
· Demonstrated experience with instrumentation such as liquid handling robotics and optical scanners
· Demonstrated superior problem solving and interpersonal and account management skills in a commercial environment
· Clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer service
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf