Field Applications Scientist, US East Coast
Labcyte seeks an energetic scientist to join our FAS team. This is primarily a customer-facing role in which you will work with scientists to understand their application requirements and help to adapt their workflows to the unique capabilities of the Echo® liquid handler. Our Field Applications Scientists work closely with sales staff to provide high-level customer support before, during, and after a sale.
Our Echo® liquid handling systems use sound energy (non-contact dispensing) to rapidly transfer liquids with unmatched precision and accuracy. Our innovative instruments are used worldwide in multiple disciplines including cancer research, genomics, proteomics, personalized medicine, drug discovery, and mass spectrometry.
Therefore, we need someone who has bench experience and market knowledge of genomics workflows, including NGS and synthetic biology, but is also ready to expand their horizons and tackle the next challenge as we enable scientists to work at smaller volumes with greater precision. We also need strong written and verbal communication skills to present the advantages of our product portfolio to scientifically diverse teams and customers.
- Application support across multiple scientific disciplines including genomics and drug discovery
- Conduct pre-sales technical presentations and understand customer workflows
- Plan and execute product demonstrations for prospective customers
- Prepare and present seminars and posters at conferences
- Develop new applications through industrial and academic collaborations
- Provide customer training and support; maintain positive customer relations
- Troubleshoot technical problems and serve as a liaison with internal escalation teams as needed
- Assist in technical training for sales and support personnel
- Overnight travel up to 60% when required
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements:
● Requires an advanced degree in a scientific discipline, preferably genomics, molecular biology, or similar, and five (5) or more years of related experience.
- Experience with several scientific applications such as next-generation sequencing, synthetic biology, single cell workflows, high-throughput screening, cell-based assays, biochemical assays, and mass spectrometry
- Knowledge of liquid handling, automation, and robotic laboratory equipment desirable
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication and presentation skills are required
- Experience teaching or training
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role is strongly desired
Location: Field position based on the east coast of the US, with preference for the greater NY/NJ area.
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies
To apply, please send resume to [email protected] and reference “Job Id # 231” in the subject line.
Labcyte Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.