Field Application Scientist position covering mostly the Eastern/Midwest USA. Approximately 60-80% travel and may include occasional travel to Western part of USA. This Position reports to the Manager of Field Application Scientists.
Ideally, Applicant would be located in Boston, MA (We will consider Chicago or Wash DC area Applicants).
Field Applications Scientists/Specialists (FAS) assist customers with the use of the Affymetrix products and related technologies (QuantiGene and ViewRNA) through both remote and on-site customer interactions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly assist the field sales force to ensure financial targets are achieved
- Set up and deliver customer product demonstrations, in close interaction with local sales representatives
- Assess customer needs and supply specific solutions
- Monitor applications and troubleshooting trends and report these back to the direct Manager as well as to the R&D Department/ Product Manager/ Marketing Manager
- Provide marketing and R&D with trends in marketplace
- Present seminars, product workshops and on-site trainings at academic and industrial accounts on bDNA/QG/ViewRNA product portfolio
- Assist in the launch of new products and technologies (including identification of Beta testers, protocol design, needed data etc.)
- Provide in-house technical training as required
- Maintain records of customer communications and technical support functions through available tools
- Troubleshoot problems incurred by users, either remotely or by direct visit. Note: Technical Support bears the responsibility for standard troubleshooting of our products and will be involved with those customers of strategic importance
- Complies with company quality management systems, policies and procedures
- Additional duties/responsibilities according to business needs