Eppendorf is looking for a Field Application Specialist for the Hauppauge, NY area.
The Field Application Specialist will act as a technical lead and drive the success and promotion of Eppendorf products by performing duties including but not limited to:
- Act as the technical lead at Eppendorf North America for epMotion, Detection and other complex product lines including hardware and software (instrument, accessories and consumables), theory & principles, applications, process development, troubleshooting, and more.
- Up to 70% travel throughout the continental US to provide before during, and after purchase fulfillment services, including but not limited to product demo, installation, training, method development, applications support and troubleshooting. Method of communications includes face to face visits, phone calls, Skype, Face Time, webinars, etc. When in the Hauppauge office, adhere to all in-house Policies (i.e. corporate business hours).
- Sell and fulfill application support contracts for customers using epMotion or detection instrumentation as well as other paid application services offered.
- Coordinate with marketing and service on the generation and production of collateral materials, application notes, training courses, manuals, white sheets, user guides and other technical literature.
- Help in conducting and analyzing market research and dynamics, customer needs, application usage and trends, product requirements and competition to ensure the achievement of business goals.
- Work cooperatively with Eppendorf Services on technical troubleshooting, programming support and resolution of system service issues.
- Utilize market and applications knowledge to target new markets and application fields to best promote and sell our equipment and services. Educate team on the above to increase overall company acumen.
- Attend trade shows, which include installing/dismantling and perform product demos. Work appropriate hours to achieve correct setup and take down.
- Technical speaker focusing on communicating our company product/message regarding targeted applications, techniques and new products. I.e. at technical symposiums, trade shows, customer sites, etc.)
The ideal candidate will have:
B.S. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related area of study and at least 4 years of relevant laboratory experience. Candidates with M.S. or Ph.D in the above fields are preferred. Hands-on experience with automated liquid handlers and spectrophotometers. Experience with the Eppendorf epMotion software a plus.
To qualify for consideration, all applicants must submit a Cover Letter stating related experience and salary requirements. All cover letters and resumes MUST be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
Eppendorf is a leading life science company that develops and sells instruments, consumables, and services for liquid-, sample-, and cell handling in laboratories worldwide. Eppendorf products are used in academic and commercial research laboratories, e.g., in companies from the pharmaceutical and biotechnological as well as the chemical and food industries.
Working at Eppendorf means being part of a community of more than 2,850 scientists, engineers as well as specialists from many other disciplines across 25 countries. All of us are committed to one mission: Being the expert partner and advisor of choice for life sciences laboratories around the world-with our premium products, our services, and our reliability.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Personal, and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, and Education/Training Reimbursement.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter with salary requirements at www.eppendorf.com
Eppendorf and all of its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.