Kapa is inviting applications for the full-time position of Field Applications Scientist in the West Coast sales territories. The successful applicant will report to the Director of Support & Applications and will have the following responsibilities:
• Provide expert knowledge of products and applications to key accounts, with the goal of providing consultative scientific support, e.g. assisting with product selection, experimental design, workflow optimization, automation, etc.
• Coordinate with sales to provide customers with the scientific and product support necessary to accelerate the sales process, increase success rates of product evaluation and provide continued post-sale technical support
• Extensive local and regional travel (50%-75% time) to work in the field (supporting the West Coast region) with Sales Consultants, attending meetings with key customers, providing training in, and assisting with, the evaluation of automated NGS methods, presenting scientific seminars and technical presentations, and participating in table top shows
• Liaise directly with Product Managers to provide feedback on competitive landscape, conceptualization of new products and product extensions, beta test programs, product positioning and application development
• Participate in trade shows and the ongoing technical training of Sales Consultants
• When not in the field, responding to technical inquiries from U.S. customers received by phone and e-mail, communicating with Sales team and entering details of these interactions in the CRM