Support the sales team to sell PNI products through joint and individual sales calls, lead qualification, seminars, trade shows and user meetings. Provide technically sound and detailed presentations of PNI technology at promotional venues and high level scientific meetings. Provide optimal pre-sales information, product/application demonstration and post-sales support. Support sales representatives for base business maintenance and grow key accounts in the sales territory.
Areas of Responsibility
● Pre-sales: Play an active role within the commercial team to promote new products, prospect key accounts, qualify leads and develop opportunities, contribute to team spirit and improve account penetration. Attend and support trade shows and conferences. Develop and maintaining positive relationships with customers
● Develop a strong working knowledge of PNI products and services, a detailed understanding of applications utilized by our customer base, as well as a strong working knowledge of the features and benefits of competitive products. Sustained evaluation or awareness of competitor activities and innovations within the marketplace generally. Develop a working knowledge of funding, market dynamics & end-user needs. Provide/facilitate efficient communication on strategic and competitive customer feedback to Marketing and Product Development teams
● Conduct on‐site and in‐house customer training courses. Provide technical sales support by conducting applications‐based seminars and product demonstrations. Provide applications/
technical training to sales team
● Provide phone, email, and in‐person customer applications support, including troubleshooting issues related to user's technical skills, application, software and instruments. Interpret customer needs and identify if the responsibility for a problem resolution falls to sales personnel, engineering or other company personnel
● Assist in the creation and review of technical materials (manuals, application notes and presentations)
● Manage proof‐of‐principle experiments for potential customers who are evaluating and/or writing grant applications for instrument purchases
● Conduct new product evaluation/testing with R&D and beta test sites
● Create and maintain support information in the company enterprise database (CRM)
● Coordinate new installations, including facility inspections, instrument validation, and customer training, as needed
● All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.