We are seeking candidates in multiple locations to serve as a primary technical field contact for 10x Genomics’ customers. The Field Applications Scientist is responsible for new installations and customer training. In this position you will also provide data analysis, logistical, and troubleshooting support in their territory. The primary goals are to ensure rapid adoption and maximum utilization of 10x Genomics’ product to drive efficient implementation whilst ensuring best customer experiences.
• Coordinate new installations, including facility inspections, instrument validation, and customer training.
• Review and approve operational quality of equipment, and instruct customers in operations and maintenance of system under general instruction.
• Troubleshoot issues related to user's technical skills, biochemistry/assay design, experimental design, software and instruments. Interpret customer needs and identify if the responsibility for a problem resolution falls to sales personnel, engineering.
• Engage in scientific discussions with customers and cultivate long term relationships
• Provide strategic and competitive customer feedback to Marketing and product development teams.
• Support field sales team in trade shows; seminar and technical symposia; may include presentations and networking with thought leaders