Field Application Scientist
We are seeking candidates in multiple locations to serve as the primary technical field contact for 10x Genomics’ customers. The Field Applications Scientist is responsible for performing system usage trainings at customer sites, while providing experimental design, data analysis, logistical, and troubleshooting support for their region. The Field Applications Scientist will be a key contact in conjunction with in house Technical Support for responding to issues and maintaining relationships with customers. The primary goals of this position are to ensure rapid adoption and maximum customer success with 10x Genomics’ products.
- Perform as the technical account manager, acting as the point of contact between the customer and company.
- Keep customers apprised and trained on advancements in 10X technology and software.
- Coordinate and perform customer site trainings and demonstrations
- Identify, document and communicate customer complaints and concerns to management.
- Contribute to white papers and documentation with the goal of expanding support content.
- Scientifically partner with customers as they develop their research utilizing 10x technology.
- Engage in scientific discussions with customers to cultivate long term relationships
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with customers. Key, is the ability to manage expectations while exceeding the customer’s needs.
- Gather and deliver strategic and competitive customer feedback, communicating customer use cases beyond initial product scope to Marketing and Product Development teams.
- Troubleshoot issues related to user's technical skills, biochemistry/assay design, experimental design, software and instruments.
- Interpret customer needs and identify the proper issue escalation pathway within 10X.
- Support field sales team at trade shows, seminars and technical symposia. This will include presentations and networking with thought leaders.Ability to maintain composure in potentially stressful situations.