Twist is looking for a Field Application Scientist (FAS) to serve as a primary technical field contact for Twist’s customers and to be an integral part of our Sales team. The FAS will function as a liaison between the customer and Twist. In this capacity he/ she is responsible for the pre- and post-sales technical support and market development activities for Twist’s complex products including custom DNA libraries and oligo pools. Prior experience with process development and manufacturing of complex biological products is essential to enable translation of customer requirements to internal teams. This position will be based in San Francisco, with travel requirements of up to 50%.
- Provide expert understanding and strong technical competency in discussing Twist’s capabilities and product offering with customers
- Provide application support for pre- and post sales activities for Twist’s product portfolio including custom DNA libraries and oligo pools to help support the sales team to achieve North American quota
- Extensive local and regional travel (30-50% time) to work in the field with Sales, attend meetings with key customers, provide training, and participate in trade shows
- Identify, nurture, and manage collaborations to network and provide leads for the sales team
- Support sales team in technical discussions, presentations, and meetings with customers
- Provide high level technical support to the customer in discussing and design requirements and providing guidance or input on experiments related to use of Twist’s products
- Liaise between customer, sales team, product management, and other internal teams including R&D and Production.
- Network with customers and provide feed back to Product Marketing on customer requirements for new applications or products
- Keep informed of competitive market information at industry seminars, trade shows, and conferences and provide reports on trends to Sales and Product Management
- Keep abreast of all research development in the field and summarizing for the team