QIAGEN is developing a complete portfolio of products for Next Generation Sequencing. As a leader in Sample to Insight genomic solutions for Life Sciences as well as Molecular Diagnostics we have successfully launched Universal genomics workflow solutions (any NGS application for any sequencing platform) as well as our GeneReader™ complete NGS system for routine applications within the clinical realm. A new team structure, with a Clinical and an Applied Genomics teams, is now built to commercialize the NGS product portfolios. This is a unique opportunity to join the QIAGEN Clinical Integrated Solutions cross-functional group of NGS Application Scientists, Bioinformatics engineers and Clinical Informatics Scientists reporting into the North America commercial operation.
The CIS team support the Advanced Molecular Pathology and Clinical Informatics commercials group which focus on the commercialization of the GeneReader Sample to Insight Workflow, QIAseq Targeted Universal NGS Panels, Personal Health Care & Clinical Bioinformatics. This position is a hybrid role dedicated to supporting our NGS solutions, which will include pre-sales & post-sales technical support, project management, & implementation support during the implementation of these NGS Solutions. This is an exciting position that allows you to interact directly with a wide range of researchers and clinicians to help them implementing NGS workflows and arrive at meaningful insights that have real-world impact.
You will work strategically with a dynamic team that involves Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, R&D teams, and the extended global Field Application Scientist teams to work with prospective hospital and clinical customers to dramatically change genetic testing.
- This is a field-based role and candidates may experience travel periods of up to 60% of the time, although average travel percentage will be much less.
- Deliver scientific presentations showcasing the Gene Reader workflow and QIAseq portfolio
- Onboard of new users from NGS product evaluation throughout the evaluation period
- Engage in scientific discussions with customers and cultivate relationships
- Leverage deep scientific knowledge to identify customer challenges and map them to QIAGEN’s “Sample to Insight” products and services
- Develop the NGS workflow implementation from contract to successful completion