This is a unique opportunity to join QIAGEN Advanced Genomics' growing team. Advanced Genomics commercializes QIAGEN's bioinformatics products. The Field Application Scientist (FAS) position allows you to interact with a wide range of researchers across different scientific disciplines to promote software applications and services that provide superior NGS and 'omic data analysis and biological interpretation, and to provide product and scientific advice to key accounts.
As a member of the Applied Advanced Genomics group, the FAS is responsible for working closely with key accounts and early access customers, delivering scientific software demonstrations for groups of various sizes, conduct software product training, and other activities to help potential customers understand the value of QIAGEN's bioinformatics applications and services.
The scientist will work strategically with Sales as well as with Marketing, Customer Support, and the extended EMEA and global Field Application Scientist teams to support customers in the pharmaceutical, biotech, governmental, and academic sectors
This is a field-based role, ideally based in Southern California, but qualified candidates residing in other parts of the US are strongly encouraged to apply. Candidates should be prepared to experience periods of up to 60% travel, although average annual levels will be less. The responsibilities of the FAS includes:
- Engage in scientific discussions with customers and cultivate relationships
- Be the technical expert on Ingenuity Pathway Analysis and, over time, other QIAGEN Bioinformatics products
- Train and support new customers
- Leverage deep scientific knowledge to identify customer challenges and map them to Advanced Genomics software products and services
- Deliver scientific workshops on defined case studies to showcase the value and effectiveness of software applications within the context of the prospect or customer's research
- Provide scientific presentations and compelling pre-sales product demonstrations
- Become a power user of QIAGEN's portfolio of software applications and effectively present these products at scientific conferences, seminars, workshops, webinars and poster presentations
- Analyze and interpret large molecular datasets such as microarray, RNA-Seq, genomic sequence, and proteomics data for clinical and basic research purposes