The Field Application Scientist position is well-suited to an individual with extensive laboratory experience, who wants to be part of the business development and customer support team. As a FAS you will be responsible for providing front line technical/scientific support to the global customer base and sales staff. You will maintain long term relationships with clients, understand their needs and be a strong customer advocate while uncovering opportunities for PNI’s products and services.
Your primary responsibility will be to drive the rapid adoption of PNI’s products and services with both new and existing customers through collaboration with the sales, engineering and scientific development teams.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical foundation, excellent verbal and written communication skills, work effectively in a team and enjoy working closely with researchers using our technology. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is driven to succeed at the interface between science and business.
This position requires strong business development acumen, strategic planning skills and practical understanding of how to work with customers. If you thrive in a team atmosphere and have the drive to grow in a dynamic, fast-paced start-up company, we want to hear from you. PNI provides a competitive compensation and benefits package with excellent opportunities for personal growth.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Gain an understanding of nanoparticle technology and relate the key benefits and value to stakeholders and customers, both in a scientific and lay manner.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of PNI’s products and their applications.
- Contribute to the development of our product knowledge database.
- In partnership with the sales team, develop marketing and lead generation strategies to most effectively target the medical research market and key opinion leaders.
- Prepare and present compelling customer sales presentations and participate in all sales activities.
- Develop operational strategies that effectively and efficiently support customer creation and retention and enable high customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with the sales team to negotiate sales opportunities within company established parameters and protocols.
- Develop and maintain all account/contact details within the CRM platform. Utilize the CRM to effectively identify opportunities and monitor product adoption.
Customer Education and Development
- Develop high-value scientific relationships with new and existing customers.
- Transfer nanomedicine application and process know how to customers.
- Contribute to the development of marketing and educational materials.
- Attend conferences, trade shows and host webinars to generate awareness of PNI’s products and services.
- Manage and perform demonstrations of products and instruments.
- Be the voice of the customer and communicate feedback to the engineering and scientific teams to enable future product development.