Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
We are seeking a talented, driven, well-rounded and experienced fermentation senior manufacturing associate to join our dynamic team and contribute to the production of novel protein products.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Operation of pilot-scale and large-scale fermentation equipment along with related process equipment.
- Work with the other members of production group in the manufacturing of enzymes and molecular biology reagents.
- Preparing small and large-scale bulk solutions that are used for both in house production processes and final products.
- Inventory control of reagents, chemicals and supplies using proper labeling and computerized transactions.
- Maintain general lab organization and availability of lab supplies.
- Updating work instructions and batch records in the document control system.
- Documenting non-conforming material reports and deviations the appropriate electronic systems.
- Other duties that may be determined by management.
- 5 – 8 or more years of industry experience with demonstrated experience in microbial fermentation.
- Hands-on experience working with automated fermentation systems and associated computer control systems
- Experience working with 20L to 1000 L fermenters is a plus
- Ability to multitask, initiative, independent thought, and collaborative ability
- Excellent laboratory, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- BS or Associates degree in biochemistry, microbiology or related field
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf