TriLink BioTechnologies is actively responding to the COVID-19 pandemic through vaccine and diagnostic programs.
TriLink BioTechnologies, a Maravai LifeSciences company, is seeking a Facilities Engineer to join our growing team. The Facilities Engineer is responsible for facilities under management. Responsibilities include operations and maintenance of a variety of trades, including structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems. In addition, this position will perform diverse manual tasks and assist with the maintenance with support from contracted services.
- Perform periodic inspections of HVAC systems and their components to evaluate condition, identify necessary repairs and recommend preventive maintenance
- Diagnose causes of HVAC systems problems and identify solutions
- Maintain, operate, and troubleshoot air handlers, VAV boxes, and all associated air exchangers, pumps, controls, and monitoring, etc
- Maintain and operate a computerized maintenance program
- Ensure all building equipment and systems are operated in a safe manner and are in compliance with all applicable codes and regulations
- Support in small projects and minor repairs, such as patching, painting, tiling, flooring, door hardware, minor plumbing, and electrical repairs, carpentry, and furniture moves
- Respond to minor janitorial requirements as well as maintaining the work areas and technical rooms
- Responsibility for equipment startup, monitoring, and efficient operation
- Respond to facilities complaints and assist other trades as necessary
- Read and interpret drawings and control schematics
- Assist other trades as assigned
- Complete all other tasks required by his immediate supervisor
- Education & Experience
- 2 year Degree, technical school degree, or equivalent experience
- HVAC Repair Training preferred
- General electrical wiring/installation training preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Building or Facilities Engineer or with an equivalent trade in the Biotech industry.
- Experience working in a GMP environment and completion of GMP documentation
- OSHA safe work practices
- Experience writing standard operating procedures
- Building Management System Experience (Rees, Envision) a plus
- Experience with CMMS preferred
- Skills & Abilities
- Good troubleshooting skills – mechanical/electrical/plumbing
- Comply with Good Documentation Practices
- Must be able to coordinate multiple contract services simultaneously
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Job Specific Physical Requirements
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Exposure to elements (i.e., hot weather, cold weather, precipitation) for brief periods.
- Operate computer-controlled equipment, which requires a combination of standing, sitting, and walking to and from the operator interface terminal
- Required to work around live electrical circuits and mechanical devices in the execution of their duties
TriLink BioTechnologies is a rapidly growing biotech firm in San Diego, CA, that offers competitive wages and a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, and a retirement plan.
TriLink BioTechnologies is an EEO employer.