To contribute significantly to the excellence of the NERC Biomolecular Analysis Facility – Birmingham (NBAF-B), the UK’s national research centre for Environmental Metabolomics. In particular to develop and apply expert analysis of large-scale mass spectrometry and NMR spectroscopy metabolomics datasets, including experimental design, data processing, statistical analysis and/or network analysis; to liaise with collaborating environmental scientists; to contribute to the Birmingham Metabolomics Training Centre; and to undertake independent research in bioinformatics/biostatistics.
- To conduct specialised computational analyses to process challenging environmental metabolomics datasets within NBAF-B, including of mass spectrometry and NMR metabolomics datasets.
- To conduct statistical analyses of large-scale environmental metabolomics datasets within NBAF-B, including of mass spectrometry and NMR metabolomics datasets; analyses will minimally include a range of multivariate (e.g., PCA, PLS-DA, PLS-R) and univariate statistical methods.
- To undertake independent research in bioinformatics/biostatistics within metabolomics, for example to further develop the workflows for managing and analysing metabolomics datasets, optimising spectral processing, developing tools for the interpretation of metabolic spectra or for metabolite identification, and/or Galaxy workflow development.
- To develop and maintain the computer hardware and software associated with NBAF-B.
- To provide training in the analysis of metabolomics data specifically through the Birmingham Metabolomics Training Centre.
- To assist visiting scientists with the analysis of metabolomics datasets.
- To contribute to the day-to-day operation of NBAF-B, including project design and troubleshooting, the prioritisation of data analyses.
- To disseminate research findings through contribution to peer-reviewed publications.
- To present research findings at conferences in the form of talks/posters.